Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day




Before I start my study, I thought I would post some pictures and tell you a little bit about my Memorial Day.My mom, brother, and I went to the Memorial Day service at the courthouse today with another family from our Church.  It was very good.  I thought there would be more people, but I would say around 200 or so people where there maybe.  More probably, I'm not good at rounding based on just seeing.  They had a few different things for the service, and then the parade.

 Here are some pictures...  


Somerset Band


Jesse, Chester Blank, and Levi

We met this man at the end.  His name is Chester Blank, he is 97 years old and he served on the USS Block Island.  The ship was torpedoed by Germany in 1944 on the Atlantic Ocean.  There were many people on the ship ( I can't remember the total ) but only 6 men died out of many.  He got around very well for 97 I thought!

Thank you Soldiers!

No comments:

Post a Comment